Tuesday, October 27, 2015

All well. The delay and brevity due merely to the pressure of routine events.

I saw Kathy, of Kathy's Knits, when I was out getting the newspaper, and told her of my plan to park myself on her sofa. She was very welcoming -- what else could she say? The v-neck vest, despite its adventures, has reached a stage where I need to count and calculate to make sure the shoulders come out the right width after the right number of rows. And then my husband must try it on before I add the ribbing. So I won't take that.

But I can go see Kathy tomorrow and take the hat. Or the Sous Sous or the Tokyo shawl. Plenty of choice, I'm afraid. Dunfallandy is too complicated for public knitting.

I haven't been back to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival to choose my classes, but things are looking good.  In some ways, my present situation makes it easier to get away than before. The mid-day carers just have to come a bit earlier. I checked yesterday that that's possible. The Festival sounds wonderful -- everybody except Kate Davies (does she ever teach?) and Franklin -- and maybe they're there and I just haven't looked carefully enough.

I hope to tell you of my choices and thoughts tomorrow.






8 comments:

  1. Amy Detjen said she is teaching there, now you will get a chance to say hello. What a fun class schedule. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jean, did maureenand I not introduce Amy D that day last month at Kathy's? It was a bit hectic with so many of us there. I so enjoyed meeting you and am glad things are better now that Mr. M is home.

      Delete
    2. Yes, indeed you did. Much hugging followed, and she even claimed to remember me from Camp Stitches '99. I had left a note on her Facebook page to say that I would see her in Kathy's Knits so she had time to think about it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, happy knitting with a friend!
    It's so true that some of our knits must be solitary ventures. Now, Jean, when are you going to show us the vest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Kate finds teaching a bit too stressful for her limited energy, plus it's difficult for her to commit to classes because of the possibility that she might not feel up to it come the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would Kathy's Knits have a sofa if you weren't welcome to sit on it and knit? Of course you're welcome there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:53 PM

    I'm so glad that Kathy's shop has a place where you can knit and have some time away for yourself. I try to take part in knitting activities throughout the week as a stress buster. Plus, the interaction with other knitters is a great way to share tips, ideas, and the joy of knitting. Also, you won't have Perdita trying to help you, since here specialty is unwinding balls of yarn and unraveling projects. LOL - Joe-in Wyoming

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it at Kathy's. Just don't get the chance often enough. She's a genuinely lovely person.

    ReplyDelete