Sunday, April 14, 2019


Again, there is little to report. I am well embarked on the second baby-sweater sleeve. I have bought and downloaded the Spring Shawl pattern from Sharon Miller, and printed as much of it as I need to start off with. (It’s 23 pages in all, and I don’t entirely know how to load new paper into my printer.)

It came with a nice little note from Sharon. Boilerplate? It didn’t sound like it. Anyway, I replied.


I’m not terribly keen on Tessa Hadley’s “Master Bedroom”, as I progress, but I think I’ll finish it. Then another Trollope.

Thank you for all your help with courgette-growing (and cooking). I’ll go for it – although there is little space left on the step as it is, and the potatoes, currently set to chit in the kitchen, are still to be put out there.  I’ll keep you posted. The weather has turned cold.

I have hired the Coen brothers’ “A Serious Man” from Google, on one of those deals where I have to finish watching it within 48 hours. I think it’s a great film. It faces up to the same problems as are addressed in the Book of Job, and comes away equally baffled. I was sent back to it, so to speak, by hearing this morning of a Jewish friend-of-a-friend who went to hear a madrigal choir singing St John’s Passion and came home saying that he “hated that 2nd century religious propaganda”. His is a perfectly reasonable point of view, but…

1 comment:

  1. Not boilerplate, I think. I've bought several Sharon Miller and never had a note! Maureen's shawl is stunning!

    ReplyDelete