Thursday, July 13, 2023

 Not a very distinguished Wordle score, as you will see below, but I surprised myself by getting both to and from supper on my own feet. The secret, I think, is a proper nap. I almost always have one in Drummond Place, however brief. The Ladies’ Semi-finals didn’t tempt me to wakefulness. Tomorrow will be more difficult.

And knitting progresses. The rows are so long that anything I do doesn’t sound like very much. I’m somewhere in the second quarter of the eighth row of this ridiculous patterned-every-row section at the end of the borders. Eighth of ten. I can now see what the pattern is doing — a spider’s web, offset on its next appearance. I still don’t like it.

Little else to report. Helen and David came to see me, bringing me some much-needed underwear, on their way to  Kirkmichael to clean up, as needed, after Fergus’ birthday party. An email from James says we are having a family quiz by Zoom on Sunday and I have got to think of  three questions.

Wordle: I scored five, and wasn’t the worst. That was Mark, with six. Four was the majority score. Rachel had three. And Roger blew us all out of the water with two. 


3 comments:

  1. =Tamar2:43 AM

    A good nap is worth the time. Congratulations on pressing on with walking and with the knitting. I hope that you like the pattern better once it's done.
    Still very hot here in Maryland, and smelling of wood-smoke from Canada. I finally succumbed and turned on the air conditioner. I'm taking extra care to keep up my electrolytes. I slipped a bit yesterday; an old friend came by and we went out to eat and we had dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:12 PM

    I get so annoyed when doctors say I must eat this not that. What is old age for if not to indulge oneself? I admire your tenacity about the long rows. We are supposed to enjoy our knitting. Listening to Audiobooks seems to help some people. Maybe a different pattern next time? Ravellers seem to like Helen Stewart. She does both charts and written-out lace shawl patterns. Or am I preaching to the choir? The Family Quiz sounds like fun! I hope you enjoy it! Chloe
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou2:02 PM

    I do prefer lace patterns with a ‘resting row.’ It helps the mind reset, somehow. But then again, I am a lazy knitter! I got Wordle in 4 yesterday, but the bot always shows me how I could have chosen a better word…

    ReplyDelete