Friday, July 21, 2023

 Sunny, blowy, on the chilly side for July. Helen and Archie came to see me this morning. We sat in the garden for awhile.

I continue to lose mobility, which is rather worrying. The other worry is what to do with Paradox. She continues to be unhappy on the shores of Loch Fyne, and her hosts are not very happy to have her. We have decided to bring her back when Alexander and Ketki come for my birthday in mid-August. Plans for her maintenance thereafter remain more than a bit vague, but there are a number of possibilities and almost anything will be better than this. I should be able to spend half an hour with her in Drummond Place that day. Will she recognise me?

The knitting progresses. I have now done 6 1/2 scallops (and hope to knock off more after our early supper). Slow, but looking well. If I go to bed with only seven done, that’s still a third of the first side. 

I watched something on my television today — on iPlayer. It was a titanic intellectual struggle and I’m not sure the result was much more satisfactory than watching on the iPad. The hardest part was turning the sound on. 

Wordle: a toughie again today. Most of us got four, including me. Rachel got six. Roger and Theo, father and son, got three and five respectively, averaging to four. Mark was an unusual absentee. 





1 comment:

  1. =Tamar5:52 AM

    Half an hour seems awfully short for a cat to decide to associate with you after a separation. Some take longer than that.
    Good work with the scallops.

    ReplyDelete