Friday, July 14, 2023

I meant to post this last night, July 14, Bastille day. But here it seems to linger,so I will post it now. I hope to write and post another for today, Si Swithen’s Day, before I go to bed.

I feel very weak again. I was able to walk to lunch, but had to be pushed for the other three journeys. I did very little but watch tennis, for which it was a good day. Today was men’s semi-finals, and they turned out the way everyone must have hoped, the Wimbledon seeders and Mrs Miles of Cramond Care Home alike: the final on Sunday will be Carlos Alcaraz versus Novak Djokovic (and my money would be on Alcaraz except for a slight fear that he might be overcome by the occasion).

Knitting: I finished the antepenultimate row.

No nap. I lay down and closed my eyes but the tennis was too exciting to allow actual sleep, or even dozing.

Now I must go to bed, leaving   Wordle unreported.


2 comments:

  1. Mary Lou4:12 PM

    I got Wordle in 3 this morning, and it made me smile that I got it so easily! With no nap, you must have been tired. I hope today is a better day for tennis and walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, looking forward to the men's final, rooting for Alcaraz and hoping for no stress-induced cramping for him this time. I'm having trouble doing even very simple knitting during Wimbledon.

    ReplyDelete