Monday, July 10, 2023

 Off-and-on weather —a splendid dawn, a gloomy, rainy sunset. Helen’s husband David is here from Thessaloniki. They went to Kirkmichael to preside over their son Fergus’ 21st birthday party (a great success, reportedly). They will have to go back to tidy up. Meanwhile they called in here. 

What else happened? I was sufficiently wearied by their visit, and one from the physiotherapist, that I had myself pushed to lunch. But after a peaceful afternoon of tennis, I walked all the way to supper by myself. I failed, however, on the way back, and had to call for help after covering about a third of the journey. I must try to keep pushing, but not too hard.

I am booked in here until August 2. 

Knitting progresses. I don’t like these last 10 rows of every-row pattern which finish off the borders but I’m stuck with them. I’m now half-way through, and think I am well on schedule for the new great-grandchild. Finish the borders this month, the edging in August. I think the baby is due in late September. 

Wordle:four for Rachel, Theo, Mark and Thomas. It was the most popular score today. I needed five. Alexander used the full six. Ketki had one green in line two and five of them in line three. Nothing from Roger yet. 

4 comments:

  1. =Tamar10:25 PM

    I am impressed! To be honest, that's probably more than I've walked today. The next three weeks should be productive. I am told that physio is supposed to tire you, that they will be reprimanded if they don't.

    The heat and humidity was down to bearable today in my part of Maryland, to my great relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:55 AM

    Jean, you are doing well to try walking even if you need help on your way back. You sound good and I am so relieved that you are now posting every day. Even a few lines is so nice for your followers.
    I am only nine years younger than you but started late with children, and now are thrilled to have 6 grandchildren ages 10 to 3. I wonder if I will live to see any great grandchildren with people delaying marriage and children. The 6 I have keep me busy knitting and the 9 year old boy even put in a request for a charcoal and white stripped sweater! I’m happy to oblige.
    Keep getting stronger,
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:00 AM

    Compared to not very many days ago you sound energetic and have an upbeat attitude. It is lovely to read.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you found the BBC report about a woman living in Drummond Place battling with powers that be over the colour of her front door? She's tried pink, and green and been ordered to repaint. Now palest pink has been refused and she has been ordered been ordered to paint it white!

    ReplyDelete