Saturday, July 01, 2023

 And here I still am, yet again - but I have been released!

A doctor came early this morning. A young, pretty, junior doctor. She said that the consultant had left instructions yesterday that I was not to be released if my heartbeat was below a certain figure. And it was. And she wouldn’t release me.


But they are keen on monitoring vital signs here, much as the profession used to be keen on bowel movements. And the next session showed the heart rate above the magic figure. So I sent a nurse off to find a doctor. When I had heard nothing after an hour, I again despaired. But she turned up, agreed that I now qualified for release, and went off to find the doctor who had refused it earlier. Another half hour. More despair. But then success.


So — a Cramond supper this evening, with or without added salad dressing. A quiet night, without Susanah’s television choices, or anyone else’s. A shower tomorrow morning and a chance to make a hair appt for Monday. And Monday will be WIMBLEDON and a chance to get cracking on physiotherapy. And knitting. What a blissful prospect.

17 comments:

  1. Mary Lou3:52 PM

    Huzzah! What good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:22 PM

    Home again - and Wimbleton, too! What good news. My continued good wishes,
    Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Wow. You must feel on top of the world - or is that a slight exaggeration? Good luck with the next phase of your recovery. Janet in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Great news Jean!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Well done at being "sprung" and enjoy knitting along to Wimbledon.

    Sarah in Somerset

    ReplyDelete
  7. =Tamar7:49 PM

    Great! The physio at Cramond should help with the resting heart rate. The personal choice of TV should help, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Well done on your escape. My 80 something dad, on finding himself in hospital yet again, used to send the family a general note saying "Back in jail, hoping for early release through good behaviour!" A copy once reached a distant cousin who was not in on the joke, and who promptly called me in a panic to say how sorry he was that this was a repeat situation. What, he enquired tentatively, had my father done? Dad nearly fell out of bed laughing when he heard. Tell Cousin X that my offence was to grow old, he said.
    Enjoy Cramond and all it offers
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very glad you're on the mend. When you were at Cramond last time, I think I remember you saying that you could watch something (tennis?) On a big screen. If that's the case, big screen Wimbledon would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent news - purring loudly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:13 PM

    Wimbledon sound very restorative! Congratulations on improving enough to be released from hospital.
    Please continue to feel better and get stronger.
    thinking of you
    Lisa RR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary Jane1:21 AM

    Happy to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy Cramond and Wimbleton.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:23 AM

    Glad you escaped.
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Onward and upward, glad tidings
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Glad, too, to wake up this morning to find you a free woman. Please continue to improve! I think Wimbledon and knitting will be good medicine. Chloe

    ReplyDelete