Saturday, April 27, 2019


The NHS in its new spirit of openness has sent me a three page report on my visit to a Doctor for the Elderly a couple of weeks ago, It seems a fair report of what I said. The doctor’s only conclusion is that less cider would be a good idea. Or none at all. Towards the end it says “She is 85 although she does look much younger than her age”. Not just “younger” – “much younger”.

It quite made my day.

Recovering from my Italian lesson always takes a while. Next week will be tricky, as we have moved the lesson to Friday morning because Rachel and Ed will be arriving for the weekend on Friday evening. (It is another holiday weekend. They come thick and fast, this time of year.) And my Personal Trainer comes on Friday morning, late. And I want a warming supper to be ready when the travellers arrive. (Gennaro Contaldo’s Classic Lamb Stew) I hope it will all work out.

But I have done no knitting yet today. The conclusion of the Italian lesson always leaves me feeling that I have the whole world to play with, and all the time I need for everything – and so I do nothing. That is the attitude that brings me to Friday evening with no Italian done.

There have been more posts in the hornet’s-nest of a thread I started in the EYF Ravelry group. Thank you, profoundly, to those of you who posted in my defence.

5 comments:

  1. I am keeping cear of Rvelry at the moment. Having been a reader of yours for so long, I have no doubt that whatever you said would have been reasonable. But. Big but. There are those who would take issue with a person who said "Nice day, today" and I do not wish to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fibreclaireuk11:07 PM

    I have added my tuppence worth too. Kindness costs nothing (is that a mixed metaphor?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:43 PM

      And they were rude to you, too.

      Whata great way TO attract future attendees.

      Beverly in NJ

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:53 PM

    I share your frustrations at the misinterpretations. Very frustrating as the world becomes more reliant on so-called 'social' media for communications......sigh....

    I must say, tho-I am very appreciative for the lamb stew recipe--can't wait to try it! :-)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though the Italian lesson leaves you feeling very Italian! The stew sounds perfect for a make ahead. The amount of anchovy worries me, is the flavor noticeable?

    ReplyDelete