Tuesday, March 12, 2024

 A grey and relatively uneventful day. Helen came late (=just now) after a busy day preparing for a teaching session next week. We had a nice time (Helen, me, carer) talking about. The Royal Family. I thought it was just me who had an unhealthy interest.

  Knitting has progressed somewhat. I am knitting a broad st st band at the bottom of the sweater (which I am knitting top down). I have gone down a needle size, as instructed, and the result is that knitting is not so pleasant or easy as I expected. 

   I’ve been thinking about Chinese food (of all things). I find it I have the audio version of Fuchsia Dunlop’s “Invitation to a Banquet”. I’m sure I’ve got the book — I read it last summer when I was in Cramond. But A) I can’t find it now and B) I’m equally sure I never bought the audio book.

  Still, here it is, and I’ve been enjoying it. Fuchsia herself is the reader. Nice voice. I think I’ll have another look at her “Every Grain of Rice”. I can’t cook, since I can’t walk, but I can boss carers about fairly successfully.

 Wordle: I scored a not-entirely-disgraceful three. Alexander joined me there. Ketki, Mark and Rachel had four, Thomas five. However, the really interesting score came from further away. 

  Theo had four, nothing interesting about that. Roger’s first row was ???, ???, grn, ???, grn. So was his second row, and third, and fourth, and fifth, and sixth.  I’ve never seen anything like it. No browns in the mixture at all.Tomorrow when I am somewhat more alert (perhaps) I will try to think what some of his guesses might have been






2 comments:

  1. I scored an astonishing 2 in wordle today, thanks to Jean's wonderful starter word.
    It's quite likely that we could possibly be moving later this year from this 3 bed semi that we've lived in for nearly 40 years to a compact 2 bed bungalow. I promised myself I'd finish up various UFOs and WIPs before starting anything new, which is probably why I cast on a scarf this afternoon. The yarn was sitting in my knitting basket staring at me in an annoying sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:29 PM

    I got Wordle in three today, as well! Also, I just grabbed 'Every Grain of Rice' from the library (kindle version)

    ReplyDelete