Monday, March 11, 2024

 Another day of non-achievement. There’s still time for a bit of knitting. Grey and cold.

   Mysteriouser and mysteriouser, when it comes to the Royal Family. Or is it just that they’ve got accessibility wrong? I wasn’t happy with that now-infamous Mother ‘s Day picture from the beginning, not for any of the real reasons but because it looked to me as if mother and children were smiling on different occasions. That could have been because she is a grown-up (and not very well). It’s encouraging, I guess, that she feels well enough to take on some photo-shopping.

   Wordle: I struggled this morning, resorted to a Jean-word (= couldn’t possibly be right) for line four, got it in five. All the other players on this side of the pond scored four. In DC, Theo was another four and Roger, as often, hasn’t been heard from yet. Whatever he regularly does first thing in the morning, it isn’t Wordle.

   



6 comments:

  1. Easter is still some weeks away. They said from the start that the princess would be out of action until after Easter. Not clear why the media are making such a big deal out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:30 AM

    It's twelve days until Easter Sunday. But I agree with you Shandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Toronto flower report. I have seen a mini-iris and some scilla. Large buds on a hellebore. Lilac bush is starting to have buds.
    Really looking forward to more flowers!
    Lisa R-R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lou3:23 PM

      We are way ahead of our usual flower schedule. Scilla, hellebore flowers (in the very sunny spot) tulips and daffodils up a few inches. I hope we don't get a sub zero spell!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:44 PM

      I agree - no more freezing nights please!
      I can see tulip and daffodil leaves too.
      Lisa R-R

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:30 PM

    I sometimes use ‘Jean’ words when I’m really stuck.
    knitalot

    ReplyDelete