Monday, March 25, 2024

 Another quiet day, wet and dreary. I must plan in advance a good time to move into the Catalogue Room. After visitors-before lunch might do it. Four pm, after the carer’s afternoon break, is another possibility.

   Helen will head home tomorrow, I think, and I’ll see her on Wednesday.

   Catriona (comment yesterday) — there’s a phone number to ring on my Covid appt letter if mobility is limited. I’m hopeful that you’re right and it will be easy to book a house call. The appt is well in the future; I’m leaving that one for Helen like much else.

   Kirsten (another comment): James’ wife Cathy’s parents have recently had a lift put in to their house in Cheltenham. I gather it’s a success. Investigate that? He’s got dementia and she’s got bad knees. 

   Knitting has advanced, but all too slowly. I think I bought all the yarn the pattern wanted in the first colour, plus two more skeins in the contrast. I hope so. Today I switched back to the first colour, to finish off the hem. I think I’ll go on to do the collar next (contrast colour) and leave the sleeves to last. (Brooklyn Tweed Spalding)

  Wordle: Two browns today, consonant and vowel, from my starters. I got it in five. Rachel and Ketki also had fives. Thomas, Alexander and Theo four, Mark a distinguished three. Roger scraped home with a six. He was the only one who shared my configuration: grn, grn, grn, ???. ???. He guessed wrong three times, I only two. The others all approached the answer by different routes.

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment