Wednesday, March 20, 2024

 I’m sorry about yesterday. But here I am today (on the equinox, I believe) and nothing much has happened on either day. Tomorrow I am going to a hospital to be assessed for and advised about a wheelchair. This is the appointment we had arranged once before and didn’t get to because the ambulance didn’t turn up to fetch me. This time we’ll pay for transport. 

   I cooked Cold Chicken with a Spicy Sechuan Sauce today. It was rather tasty. My mortar and pestle have disappeared. It is a very strange world, with strangers operating in one’s kitchen and nothing where I expect to find it. I needed to toast and then pulverise some Sechuan pepper.

   C. came today, but even she had no news. Helen, likewise. 

   Wordle: I scored four this morning, and for a long time thought that I would have the single best score of the day. Theo finally joined me — but at least nobody did better. We all clearly found it tough.  Mark, Ketki, Alexander and Roger were the fives. Six for Thomas and Mark. Neither C. nor I entirely approve of today’s word, either. 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    I use a pestle to darn socks (I bought it in ignorance as a teenager - not being a family cook it never occurred to me that it could be anything other than a strange-shaped darning mushroom and that naivety amuses me every time I use it even to this day!), so perhaps you could try the antithesis of using a darning mushroom to grind the spices?

    ReplyDelete