Friday, March 08, 2024

 Another grey, chill day. The knitting has advanced. I’m pretty sure the Calcutta Cup bit is somehow reversed. Helen thinks so, at first glance. (When she is designing a mosaic, she uses a transparent paper. When the design is ready, she can just turn it over.)

  But she also thought I could just go ahead. She thinks the result will be rather entertaining. I still don’t know what I expect. The Cup will be OK — it’s symmetrical, as rendered in knitting. And everything will be the right way up. Mirror-image? for the numbers. I’ll keep you posted.

Hilde (comment yesterday) : That’s what I’m doing, knitting the usual Calcutta Cup pattern upside down. I don’t at all understand where the difficulty comes from. 

 I spent some time on a grocery order. Waitrose is out of globe artichokes! Springtime couldn’t be over in the Mediterranean quite yet!

Commenters asked yesterday about the change of carers. That’s the way this firm does it, two weeks on and two weeks off for everybody. It makes sense, and I like both of my two. I miss Wafa — she and I were working on a system where she could stay here most of the time. But everybody else thought she was encroaching too much and moved in without my prior knowledge to send her away. 

Wordle:  Most of us had four today. I scored a doltish five, Rachel a smart three.Theo, in DC, was another three and, as not infrequently, we haven’t heard from his father Roger yet. 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:02 PM

    Today I discovered Wirdle, which is basically Wordle but in Shetland dialect. Great fun.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be possible to move to an Agency who do things differently? Perhaps a permanent live=in Carer that you choose? We found Curam very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:49 AM

    Perhaps Archie can go forage for in-person artichoke shopping? Maybe there are some markets which have smaller capacity - so they can not manage online ordering on supermarket scale.
    I thought April was artichoke month in Rome, so they should be around for some time yet.
    I hope someone can find them for you!
    Lisa R-R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:55 AM

    If you are knitting top-down, then you are knitting from top left shoulder to bottom right hem. Keep the cup reversed. You could always duplicate stitch/Swiss darn the numbers on afterwards

    ReplyDelete