Thursday, March 07, 2024

 I did at least some knitting. I became completely convinced that the Calcutta Cup was backwards — although not upside down. Could it just remain backwards? Not if the digits in “24” were reversed. I was on the point of ripping back when I began to doubt myself. I’ll tackle it in the morning tomorrow, when I’m brighter, and I’ll also ask Helen who must encounter analogous problems in mosaic-making.

   Otherwise there is little to report. We had the fortnightly carer turnover. It went peacefully. But still made the day a bit stressful.

   Helen was here this morning, tidying up after recent mosaic-making. The vital delete key on her laptop computer seems to have put itself right (see Tuesday). She is trying to organise my well-meaning but somewhat feckless carers into taking better care of the house. They ought to, for what we pay. They take good care of me — no difficulty there. 

  Wordle: another day without much spread. Here in Britain, Thomas scored a dazzling two. Alexander, Mark, Rachel and I had three. Four for Ketki.  In DC, Theo had another three, and Roger another dazzling two. 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:10 AM

    I know Toronto is very behind Europe in spring, but I was thrilled to see some crocuses today!
    Bring on the flowers!
    Lisa R-R

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:12 AM

    Helen should be able to check your pattern.
    Meanwhile, I see no reason not to knit on - it takes little time to rip if it becomes necessary.

    I wonder what the purpose is behind changing carers so often.
    The daffodills here are almost all in bloom, despite being sprawled - there is no other word - on the ground from the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:15 AM

    Can´t you just take the normal Calcutta Cup pattern, turn it upside down and then knit it standing on its head? When you turn the finished pullover upside down, it should be alright.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Tamar echoed my concerns. I wonder what they give as a reason. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou4:32 PM

    I am sorry about the carer turnover. Can't Wafa come back for a while? The Sequoiadendron giganteum - Wellingtonia is only hardy to USDA Zone 6. I am in 4, but global warming may be pushing it to 5. Our freakishly warm winter has my daffodils starting to peek up. I hope they will be safe!

    ReplyDelete