Tuesday, April 12, 2022

 

We’ve had a pleasant, family day. Grey and at times wet, but not cold. James and I got around the garden. Grandson Alistair and C. both came to lunch (hastily assembled from Tesco by Cathy) and we had a nice time.

 

So not much knitting, but some. I am now officially halfway along the second legwarmer – I have embarked on Chart B: Calf Shaping, and have reached round 48. That’s half of 96, the last patterned round. Tamar, I’m knitting from the top down (hence the confusion about which way ‘round to knit the Cup and date) and that does mean a certain reduction in stitch number. Twelve stitches go in all, one complete pattern repeat. Alas, I haven't yet taken the promised photograph.

 

I’ve heard from Helen, who has been reading the blog in Ravenna. She confidently hopes to be here by Sunday. I hadn’t thought about meals beyond Thursday lunch; James and Cathy will leave that day on a 4pm train. I feared that all the grocery delivery slots would be gone by now, but to my happy surprise I got one for Thursday morning – and I can add to it all day tomorrow. So I’ll have something to eat over the weekend. Tomorrow remains something of a problem.

2 comments:

  1. Well, those of us who see you from time to time on Instagram got a nice shot of the legwarmers in process. Does look like a complex chart. And goodness, Jean, you have quite the following!! We had a few lovely days and now cold and raining for a week. I despair of ever seeing my daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a miscalculation with our online order and somehow arranged for part of next week's delivery to be combined with this morning's. It's been a challenge to store it all and work out what we shall eat when, to avoid waste. But we've just about sorted everything.

    ReplyDelete