Friday, December 23, 2022

 Here I am back with my laptop in the Catalogue Room. The weather has eased considerably. I am anxious about you Americans, weather-wise.

 

But even more anxious about myself. Daniela is gone – she has left her key behind. She says she’ll be back in ten days.

 

Otherwise all is well, as we slide down into Christmas. Helen’s husband David is here, although I haven’t seen him yet. He was WFH today, a long way from Thessaloniki. I’ll see him tomorrow, I hope.

 

Knitting has gone well – the New Project boost (Kate Davies’ hat pattern based on the yoke of her Yomp sweater). I found suitable needles this morning, more easily than I expected. I wound the first skein, cast on, knit the 8-round k2 p2 hat brim, switched to the larger needle, increased the stitches by 20%, wound the next skein. If I go on at this pace I’ll have finished before the New Year (and no bad thing). The pattern is geometric and holds no fears for us Kaffe Fassett veterans. I learned long ago that I couldn’t handle his ungeometric patterns – either cloud-shaped (horrors!) or random (almost as bad). But geometric is fun. I’ll show you soon.

 

Wordle: I was with the crowd today, on four. My starter words gave me three browns and a green, and I should have stood with my resolve not to use Jean-words. But I put one in the third row (as so often) and it didn’t do me much good. Then I pulled myself together and solved it. (A Jean-word is one that has some merit, and often proves useful, but can’t be right for one reason or another.)

 

Little Rachel was today’s champion, with two. Big Rachel was not far behind with three. Both Mark and Roger, six. Everybody else, four.

3 comments:

  1. The Calalogue Room sounds Very Grand. I have two images in mind; shelves of books, and glass fronted cabinets taking up every inch of wall, a library table and leather chairs, or several comfortable chairs and a scattering of cat baskets everywhere. It the room a study-den or a cat-den?

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:39 AM

    It sounds very cozy. Good going with the hat!
    It is suddenly frigid here in MD. The temperature drop was severe at dusk. So far so good. I am well-supplied with food, books, etc. and hope to stay hibernated for most of the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Our power just went out. We woke up to semi-power. The coffee machine worked but the toaster and wi-fi did not. I was in despair - no wifi - but At least I had my coffee. But then that circuit failed too so my husband still asleep won’t have his. I had to drink most of my coffee Jean-less until I remembered my small iPad that doesn’t depend on wi-fi so here I am. We are expecting family tonight so fingers crossed those hero electricians/linemen will fix us up. At the moment we are not freezing (12 degrees F outside) but I imagine we soon will be. 0ur garage door won’t work, of course, either so we are stuck. My husband just reminded me our gas fireplace still works so we have that. I don’t feel sorry for myself. There are too many other people in this world far worse off than we are. Jean, love hearing about the hat! Love focusing on Color! Hope you can get along without Daniela for awhile. Merry Christmas! Chloe

    ReplyDelete