Wednesday, December 07, 2022

 Pearl Harbor day. I remember the original one vividly. It was as bad a tactical mistake as military history can offer. Churchill went to bed a very happy man.


I’m back in the Catalogue Room tonight with my antique laptop. It’s not really very cold. It’s time to pay Daniela and I don’t like to do that from the iPad, although I couldn’t say why.

 

Crochet66 (comment yesterday): yes, I think there would be room in the kitchen for a cosy chair. C. made the same suggestion, and I keep meaning to search Ikea. Meanwhile I find our folding slatted kitchen chairs very comfortable for huddling, and very knittable-on.

 

It’s still pretty cold out there in the real world. I’ve had the heat on all day.

 

Some knitting; not much. Kate Davies’ Allover Club is back – an essay from Ella Gordon at Jamieson & Smith today. Kate is suffering badly from the loss of her dog. Helen, who grew up with a dear cat and now lives with a very dear dog, thinks that attachment to a dog is stronger and deeper. I’m not absolutely convinced, but I’ve never loved a dog.

 

Wordle: I beat ‘em all today, a pleasant restoration of self-esteem after yesterday’s debacle. My starters did it all, really. I scored three. All the rest of them needed four. We didn’t hear from Little Rachel.


4 comments:

  1. =Tamar2:26 AM

    Yay for a Wordle win! Keep knitting, it's not going to knit itself.
    I have trouble making the tablet do some things, but my laptop - which used to do most everything - keeps failing slowly, as the people who tinker with websites keep changing them. Eventually I will be forced to get a new one, which I dread. Why do they have to keep changing things that were working well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:27 AM

    I used your starter word which gave me the middle three letters. I took a leap and guessed the correct work - so got it in two. My best ever. I said to myself, "Thank you, Jean."
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Chairs are funny things. You never know from the sheer looks of them whether they will be really comfortable. I love my Ikea Pöang with its hassock but that doesn’t mean everyone does. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:34 PM

    I grew up with both cats and dogs and have found the attachment equally strong, depending on the individual animal's character, of course. I still dream of my dear favorites many years after their departure.
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete