Sunday, December 04, 2022

 

I continue to mend. Helen came, but I still didn’t want to attempt going out. I must do so soon, winter or no winter. How I hate the dark! But there’s only two and a half weeks to go now. C. has been spending a heroic weekend with her grandson Hamish while his parents and brother were off somewhere celebrating a wedding anniversary. They had two ceremonies – one in South Africa and one here in Edinburgh – and sometimes take advantage of the opportunity to celebrate twice.

 

Alexander is coming tomorrow. His is the only Christmas present I have so far acquired. I’ll give it to him. That will be something done.

 

I moved the knitting somewhat forward. The stitches are rearranged. I am knitting the back, back and forth. For some reason I hadn’t marked what was to become the underarm midpoint as the beginning of the round, so there was a certain amount of sliding of stitches back and forth involved. I hope I’ll do a bit more tonight, but that is an ambition with is rarely fulfilled.

 

Wordle: Everybody except the two Rachels scored three today. (I’ve had three threes in a row again.) Daughter-Rachel (“big Rachel”) got it in two, and Granddaughter-Rachel (“little Rachel”) scored a hole-in-one. That happened to me once. It’s curiously boring. You sit down to do Wordle and type in your starter-word, and suddenly there’s nothing more to do.

4 comments:

  1. MAry Lou8:26 PM

    I have had Wordle in three a few times in the past week. I don't know if it is getting easier, or I have figured out a few tricks. A hole-in-one would make easy knitting on a Wordle hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I log in to your blog and see wee Hamish he makes me smile! He is such a handsome and happy little man. I hope you continue to feel better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar7:22 AM

    Tricky work on the knitting, finding an unmarked midpoint. Good job! I may have done the going out for both of us today. I was out (driving, running errands, shopping) from 10 AM to around 7:30 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:29 AM

    The younger generation does all their shopping on line. Not a bad idea. Maybe just reserve one tiny shopping trip just to have hot chocolate and enjoy the Christmas decorations. Three cheers to C. No matter how adorable, toddlers are Exhausting! I hope the parents take her out to dinner. Chloe

    ReplyDelete