Friday, August 30, 2024

 Am I slightly bettter? I hope so. I have been much hovered over by doctors today. Nothing much is wrong. Some of my numbers are slightly raised. They have stopped my “water pill” which certainly makes for a more comfortable life, but probably can’t go on

   Helen and David were here this morning, with the doctor. They will still be around tomorrow, then off to visit Davod’s mother in England somewhere.

   Wordle:  I cheated today — anything to keep the winning streak alive. I had two greens, in positions three and five, and a brown which had to be in position one or two. Most of the others had those two greens.

   Back and forth, up and down I went through the remaining letters, to no avail. So when Helen and David arrived I handed him the iPad. He saw the answer at once.  We scored four.

  Rachel had those two greens on line one and had to struggle all the way through to line five before she got it. Ketki and Mark did it in three. Fellow-fours from Alexander and Thomas. 

Three for Theo, four for Roger. Like Rachel, he had those two greens on line one.

   

6 comments:

  1. I am almost done with the 4th clue from the Kate Davies MKAL. It is very colorful! A lot of people dropped out when more clues came out. It looks a little like a shawl sampler, 4 different squares linked together. I like mine, though. Are you advancing on the baby sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21 AM

    Glad to hear nothing much is wrong. Good to be more comfortable. Too funny about Wordless!! But yes-how is the knitting going? I’ve managed to make about 5 flowers with the lovely colorful yarn I got at John Lewis…still have a bit more to go!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar5:28 AM

    Glad to hear from you. I hope the doctors are doing more than hovering.

    Weather in Maryland: normal for Fall, hot days, cooler nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you again, I reckon we were all a little anxious for you. I 'wordled' in 6... what a horrible word 'wordled' is. Like 'medalled' in the Olympics. I promise not to use it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Yes, as Kirsten M said, we do get nervous if you’re offline for a few days! I finally, finally got my husband to pick yarn for his birthday sweater. Swatching now and looking forward to speedng through it - he prefers simplicity.

    With wordle it’s like many other things: sometimes you just need a pair of fresh eyes!

    Anna from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following your blog for many years, sorry to hear things have taken a bit of a downward turn of late. So annoying when the mind is willing but the body says no! I'm staying fairly stationary today but for different reasons, necessary medication has made me a bit zombified today! Feeling somewhat cheated out of precious weekend free time, oh well! Here's hoping you stay comfortable and can get some knitting done if you so choose. Hugs! Jane

    ReplyDelete