Thursday, August 08, 2024

 No yarn yet. Stephen and Penelope say they’ve sent it. The carrier says there is a delay. I can but wait. Well, I could knit something else I suppose.

   Lots of activity today. My friend who reads the bible with me brought along a seminarian this morning, a thoroughly nice man. He is studying in Rome, here for the summer to help in the parish. I sympathised about the weather but he seemed to think that Rome in the summer could have disadvantages — and even that cool grey Scotland wasn’t all that bad.

   Then Alexander came back, this time with all his family. They reported well of Burnside. Helen is about to have some changes made so that she and her family can actually live there. I think they brought some things away.

   The  lunch. Then Archie came, too late to be fed.

   Finally a bit of nap.

   Wordle: I would almost say, same old, same old. A green and two browns from my starters. A carefully-selected and fully-deliberate Jean-word for line three — now three greens. And the right guess, for line four.

   Alexander and Mark did it in three. Poor Rachel got stuck in a Wordle special and limped in with a six. Fellow-fours for the others. More fours from Theo and Roger.

   My winning streak has reached 20. It’s a start. 


   



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:40 AM

    On recent visits I stayed very near the Jesuit Collegio Romano in Rome - and I think there were plenty of seminary students wandering around, lining up for gelato, having pizza, while discussing morals and ethics or something like that (when I could eavesdrop on English conversations).
    Kind of neat!
    Yes a break from 40C Rome could be very welcome.
    So nice that you could have a number of visitors - hopefully you can relax more tomorrow.
    Enjoy the weekend
    Lisa R-R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Burnside?
    Visitors can be tiring while also being very welcome. Sometimes the effort of following conversations is definitely nap inducing. The interruption in routine can also add to tiredness. Rest well.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar9:46 AM

    Such a busy day, with all the visitors. No wonder a nap was required.

    The rain ahead of Hurricane Debby has reached Maryland, but without much cooling. There is a tornado watch until 7 AM. I'm never sure what to do. (And how do they know it will stop then?)

    The yarn will come. I still think a simple hat is a nice quick project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had a cool snap! 60F this morning in mid August!

    ReplyDelete