Sunday, January 28, 2024

 A livelier day, with visitors. It makes all the difference. And we were spared plumbers. Helen is on her way home, may indeed be here by now. I had a message from Cairo airport. I’ll see her tomorrow. 

  And I knit on. The current ball looks slightly diminished.

   C. came this morning. No news. A local friend, with Perthshire connections, came this afternoon, bringing daffodils and some forsythia twigs for forcing. She says the situation with the Bridge at Bridge of Cally is dire and that it might be a good idea to approach Kirkmichael via Pitlochry for a while.

Kate Davis has a new book for us, Colour at Work, to be revealed this week. She is always particularly appreciated in these darkest days. She recommends a BBC series, available as podcasts, called Owning Colour. I’ve listened to one, and it was indeed good.

Wordle: a toughie today, or so many of us found it. I scored five, which almost counts as good. Except that Rachel skipped through with a three.

Alexander failed. Theo and Ketki had six. Thomas, Mark, and Roger were my fellow-fives.

2 comments:

  1. =Tamar12:32 PM

    Sometimes a smaller ball of yarn feels like more of an achievement than another inch. Maybe because it isn't subject to stretchiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou6:28 PM

    Six today! Just squeaked by. I'll have to listen to that podcast.

    ReplyDelete