Saturday, January 20, 2024

 Bright, cold. What’s new? We’re now in the fifth week post-solstice and I don’t see much in the way of more light, either.

   Helen, David and Archie are safely arrived in Cairo, where their son/brother Mungo is studying Arabic.

   Plumbers continue to bang mysteriously. Both bathrooms are now supplied with water.

   And I haven’t done any knitting. 

   Alexander and Ketki came to see me today. Both seem well. I forgot to ask what the weather was like underfoot on the shores of Loch Fyne. I think most of the really rough stuff, snow and ice, is confined to the upper left-hand corner of Scotland.

   Rachel is planning to come, with unimaginable quantities of great-grandchildren and a certain number of grandchildren to supervise, in the week after Easter. 

   Wordle: Rachel was today’s star, with two. The rest of us, on both sides of the sea, had threes and fours. Mine was a four, needless almost to mention.



2 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:41 AM

    Oh, good, you have water again. I was a little concerned.
    It doesn't seem like a lot more light, but the clock indicates some progress. Maryland is about to begin a traditional January thaw, with a week of daytime temperatures above freezing, and no doubt nighttime temperatures freezing the melted snow and rain into ice. I am glad I don't have to go out in the predawn hours like most of my neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember many years ago sitting by the shore of Loch Fyne. I think we were either on the way to or back from Islay. Beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete