Friday, January 26, 2024

 The weather continues brighter and less windy, although pretty cold. My central heating, feeble at best, doesn’t seem to be working. Something to do with all these plumbers and all this banging? I’ll be glad when Helen is back to take charge of me 

  It’s an argument in favour of going to live in a care home — Helen wouldn't have to concern herself with some, at least, of the details of my life. Such as central heating. But, oh! my cat.

  The new light is beginning to creep in around the edges of the afternoon. It’s always a joy when that happens.

  Otherwise there is little or nothing to report. No one came to see me. I did a little knitting, but not nearly enough to achieve my new target of finishing a skein within a fortnight.

  Wordle: I had a titanic struggle this morning, and was pleased to get away with a five. Fours were predominant in the rest of the British team, except for Rachel who got three. Theo was another four. Nothing from Roger yet.

1 comment:

  1. =Tamar12:55 PM

    If the heating involves heated water in radiators, it could very well be the plumbers. Sometimes banging will dislodge a flake of rust and there's a blockage in a radiator. Oddly, sometimes more banging will dislodge it. Or some air gets in and the radiators need to be bled - that is a routine chore, fairly simple but it often requires a little "key", sometimes only a screwdriver. Is there a building superintendent you could call?

    The weather in my area of MD is amazing right now. Yesterday it was 75 -F. I recall years ago a January thaw reached 80-F but not in recent years. It is predicted to turn cold again Monday.

    ReplyDelete