Thursday, January 18, 2024

 Cold, bright weather continues. Our plumbers have gone off leaving us with neither lavatory functioning (although we have water in the kitchen.) I am afraid to turn the heating on.

 A physiotherapist came, and offered but little hope of a system for getting down the front steps. Our accountant came this morning and we paid a lot of tax. She is Kate Davies’ accountant and was wearing a nice sweater she said KD had given her — a trial for one of her patterns, although I didn’t recognise it. 

  Otherwise, zilch. No knitting. 

  Wordle: Mark and Ketki needed four. Otherwise it was threes all round. Everybody has been heard from. My starters yielded a green and three browns. I think WordleBot said there were  four possible answers at that point. I was pleased to think of one of them. 




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:31 AM

    I hope your bathrooms get up and working Friday!
    Robin in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar1:45 PM

    No toilet? Is that even legal?
    I hope you have something to use!
    And no heat either? How does the plumbing interfere with the heat?

    Cold here in MD. 5.5 inches of snow cleared away Tuesday, clear and cold Wednesday, more snow Thursday night and Friday. I haven't looked but they were predicting two to five inches. Very glad I don't have to go out for anything.

    ReplyDelete