Wednesday, January 03, 2024

 Not a bad day. The storm seems confined to England this time. C. came to see me, along with Joy whom we met on our first joint cruise. She is off to India for a wee holiday any moment now. 

A doctor also came to see me. I don’t know quite how that got organised. He seemed to think a fresh X-ray might be informative. Would it be worth the fuss involved in getting me there and back?  

Otherwise, it has been a day spent in dozing and knitting. I’ve now mastered half-brioche-in-the-round. “Mastered” doesn’t mean that I understand how it works. And, worse, there is a patch along what will be the left front (I think) which can’t be considered a “feature”. It’s a mistake. A series of YO’s have got themselves left behind, and lie across the knit stitches, conspicuously visible. 

I’m pretty sure that I would make a far worse mess if I tried to rip back to that point — it was presumably the first round after joining the whole for circular knitting. I’m certainly not going to start again from the beginning. Maybe it won’t look so conspicuous when surrounded by more or less correct ribbing. Maybe it’ll just have to be a “feature”. I’ll keep you posted.

And must take a picture for you soon.

Wordle: at least I didn’t fail again. I scored four. I abandoned all my good resolutions of yesterday and used a Jean-word in line three, one that couldn’t have been right. It was, however, helpful. 

Alexander joined me with four. Thomas and Rachel scored five, and Ketki and Mark and Theo were today’s brightest and best with threes. No news from Roger yet. He keeps getting left out by not doing it first thing in the morning,  DC time.

4 comments:

  1. Of course your efforts would be worth it to be more informed and hopefully more comfortable if a treatment can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Another x-ray might well be worth it, second opinions often prove so useful. I like your description of mastered - many a time I've finished a row or section without really knowing how. All part of the fun!

    Sarah in Somerset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou9:52 PM

    Brioche of any kind is not easy to fix! Perhaps a nice broach...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Knitting without knowing how it happened is a bit like me doing Arne and Carlos purl stitches. 'I call it a cha-cha-cha' says Arne or Carlos!
    Wordle in 3; by the second attempt I had the first and last letters in the correct places. Why have I never thought of entering x x x for the missing letters and giving them a Hard Stare (like Paddington Bear is renowned for)?

    ReplyDelete