Wednesday, January 17, 2024

 Bright and cold again. Plumbers have arrived to re-make the (infamous) downstairs lavatory. It will have a shower. 

Two weeks in hospital? Off work until after Easter? I hope our famously intrusive gutter press will be able to tell us what’s wrong with the Princess of Wales. She’s too thin, that’s one thing.

I have made some progress with the ever-slow knitting.

C. came this morning, but I don’t think she had any news. 

I’ve also got an electric-powered wheelchair to try. It’s good fun, but…At lunchtime, trying to stand up from it, I thought my hip had taken the dreaded Next Lurch Downwards. I am more hopeful now, sitting in the kitchen in the old wheelchair, thinking about supper. I can return to the excitement tomorrow.

Wordle: clearly an easy. My starters produced two browns and two greens. A bit of a struggle, even so, before I landed my three. Thomas, Roger and Mark were the other threes. Everybody else scored two — including C. 




5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM

    I do hope that the comment about knowing about the Princess of Wales medical condition was a joke. I am appalled that anyone would be pleased about the gutter press intruding into anyone's privacy. And I am not a royalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:46 PM

    I suspect the same as Jean, the press will produce someone to hint at the problem. Whether it's the truth or not is another matter, we shall probably never know.
    Sarah in Somerset

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the papers here will be full of innuendo and near the edge comments. Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine recently had a hysterectomy, which involved a hospital stay and several month's recuperation. Unfortunate that the King's prostate trouble has happened at the same time as the Princess's medical treatment whatever that is. With three young children it is obviously even more sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou4:57 PM

    I scored a rare two today. Good luck with the wheelchair. I expect there are different models to try if that one isn't a good fit.

    ReplyDelete