Tuesday, March 07, 2017

It wasn’t a particularly productive day on the knitting front: a supermarket sweep in the morning, my husband’s physiotherapist at midday, a very welcome visit from an old friend in the afternoon. I think three rows remain before I narrow the sleeve to just the shoulder strap.

Thank you for all your help about graph paper to take to Hazel Tindall’s class. What I did was order this little book from Amazon, which I thought could double as a notebook for taking notes in. If it doesn’t turn up by Thursday, I’ll think again.

While I was there, I also ordered this Knitting Calculator. I look forward to getting acquainted with it, although I am sure it is no substitute for the Sweater Wizard.

You’re right, of course, Maureen, that two-colour stranded knitting pulls in no matter how conscientiously one keeps smoothing out the right-hand needle, and the result is stitches which are pretty well square. My little book will have knitterly rectangles, I am sure. But it doesn’t matter – the point will surely be to use it for a quick note of a pattern or two.

Kate's "Inspired by Islay" book arrived in today's post, and is very nice indeed -- although I haven't had much time with it yet. 

A blog post from Ella Gordon says that she will be at the EYF. But Jamieson & Smith (where she works) won't be, I believe. She must be coming for the Shetland Wool Week stall. 

By the way, I will be carrying the "Thanks, Obama" bag which my sister brought me on the occasion of her recent visit.

Non-knit


There’s a week of Lent done. The worst is over. I am moving into the happy state of rejoicing in how much money I’m saving and how many heavy bottles I don’t have to carry home. And anyway it will be Laetare Sunday any moment now.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was such a thing as a Thanks Obama bag, so I'm off to research. Thanks for the heads up. Eight (almost) blissful years of no scandal, if nothing else, and there was plenty else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Research is fine, but so much choice!

      Delete