Tuesday, June 18, 2019


Rory Stewart scraped through today’s vote of Conservative MP’s and will therefore be involved in tonight’s televised debate. So I will have to leave you soon. 

I did five rows of Spring Shawl today – and mustn’t forget that fact.  I try always to stop after an even number, with a right-side row to follow. Today, on the fourth row I did, I made a mistake on the first two (of nine) motifs, putting the YO’s on the wrong side of the K2tog’s. It was easily corrected, but it was just as well, I thought,  to correct it at once while I remembered what was up. Hence five rows.

There’s a new Knitty out, but I haven’t seen it yet.

Reading

I’m getting on well with “North and South”, but succumbed to Jackson Brodie today. I don’t think it’s as good as its predecessors. It’s one of those books where a lot of different characters and different threads are introduced – the whole first third of the book – and then they begin to weave themselves together. This time, it’s all a bit confusing. The writing sparkles as ever.

7 comments:

  1. Jackson Brodie? I'd never heard of him... But then Transcription is the first Kate Atkinson I've read. Have downloaded Case Histories instantly and now need to go and read it! Thank you for the info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you will soon be meeting Jackson:)!

      Delete
  2. Dear Jean,
    Yours is my favorite blog. It has lots of knitting, and interesting discussion about books and making kimchi and travel and your interesting children and grandchildren. I feel like I know many of your followers; at least those who comment. So thanks for bringing us together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed Night at the Museum and other Kate Atkinson novels that I'd forgot all about Jackson Brodie, where I started. So many books...

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar2:24 AM

    Isn't that Atkinson title "Secrets of the Museum"? Night at the Museum is a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you are right Tamar. I’ve never seen the movie, so not making any recommendations there!

      Delete
  5. "Behind the Scenes at the museum" - I think.

    ReplyDelete