Tuesday, September 08, 2020

 

All well. Another stripe nearly finished on the yoke of my EPS sweater.

 

I didn’t get out for a walk this morning, because of waiting in for a delivery. That happens too often, and is a serious drawback to internet shopping. But at least the delivery came. A beautiful, expensive shirt to wear to wee Hamish’s christening on Saturday. And subsequently on our cruise, if it sails. The number of Covid cases continues to rise, in Scotland as in England.

 

Beth, thank you for the link to Patty Lyons on German short rows. I hoped one of you would come up with something like that. Now I’m all set.

 

Signing-up for Kate Davies’ new club-which-turns-into-a-book starts tomorrow. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with feminism in Glasgow, which is a relief.

 

And Peggy (comment, Sunday), of course you’re right – the hero of “Lethal White” is Cormoran, not Cameron. (I found a place in the text where a revolver changes into a rifle on the same page. I hope that was just in the Kindle edition.) I’ve finished reading it. Towards the end, it struck a few sparks from my dim memory. I have certainly read it before. It is a long and rather complicated book. I look forward to the new one (any moment now) and will also return to the television adaptation with greater understanding.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Jean, I'm kind of a clothes person so now I am curious about your new shirt. Hope it shows up in a christening or cruise picture one day:). Keeping fingers crossed about that cruise, too. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar4:43 PM

    Copyediting seems to be a lost art. It must be intensely frustrating to the authors when the publishers ruin a carefully written sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read (and enjoyed) a series of mysteries by Stuart Kaminsky in which one of the characters changed height from book to book, among other small changes. I finally created a spreadsheet with the major changes charted for each book -- so many discrepancies! I'd love to be a copy editor . . . .

    ReplyDelete