Saturday, June 17, 2023

 We called NHS 111 this morning. Two doctors — seems like overkill — came promptly and after much discussion have prescribed another antibiotic. There is a new lung infection. They hope it”s bacterial and not viral. If I’m not better on Monday I must ring my GP. I should have done that yesterday, they said.

And I will have to ring orthopaedics and tell them, since they weren’t keen on the news that I had had a course of Amoxicillin recently. This one is called Doxycycline and lasts only a week.

I think I’m somewhat better this evening but it’s hard to say.

The big news is that Perdita slept on Wafa’s bed last night. They’re really friends.

Archie came to see me at lunchtime, and Alexander and Ketki not much later. I tried to persuade them to take their cat (Paradox) back with them to Loch Fyne, but they would prefer to make the long journey again next week. They’re not looking forward to having her and would prefer the time to be as short as possible. Maybe she will endear herself.

I tried to buy No Country for Old Men Men for my Kindle app but it doesn’t seem to be available. I think I’ve got a paperback somewhere around here, but have no idea where.

Wordle: Tantalising close to my hoped-for day when we all get the same score — but no. Theo and Mark broke the mould with fours. All the rest scored three.


24 comments:

  1. Oh Jean, how disappointing to go down with another chest infection so soon. But I'm pleased they responded quickly. I'll pray that the new antibiotic does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:06 AM

    I am so happy for Perdida. Sending you my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have another go at looking for no country for old men; it is there on kindle, I just checked... Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou3:43 PM

    I am sorry to hear that your chest infection is hanging on, but at least you know the cause of your fatigue. I got Wordle in 4 today, but it was a real stinker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, Wordle in four, a stinker. Hope the new antiobiotics work well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca in Minnesota10:35 PM

    Sorry to hear about the recurrent infection. I hope you recover quickly and can get on with your knee surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone else concerned that we haven't heard from Jean since this post? I hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  8. =Tamar6:44 AM

    Hoping you are resting up, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:07 AM

    I hope all is well Jean, I am concerned just as Joni is. =Philhellene=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, watching the comments for news....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:46 PM

    Yes I've been checking and checking etc but no news. I wonder?? Anonymous Janet in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Love to you, Jean, and your family also. I am thinking of you all and hoping all is well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:06 AM

    I too am starting to worry whether you are okay Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:27 AM

    Thinking about you, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:00 AM

    Please know I’m concerned, I hope things are not terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane Klemm1:11 AM

    Missing you Jean. Hope you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely worried. Wish you the best! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous10:45 AM

    I’ve been sitting on my hands to avoid writing a worried Comment but I see we have all been worried. Hoping you are being well-looked after, Jean, an d on the mend! Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Thinking of you Jean. Hoping the new treatments work to get you back on your feet again. Lisa RR in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm thinking perhaps Jean has been admitted to hospital. But I don't think we should bother Helen and her family at this time. Get well soon, Jean. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Also sending good wishes - been concerned here too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery. Nurhanne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Sending positive thoughts and hoping our worrying is for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jane Klemm9:49 PM

    Good to know you are being cared for. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete