Thursday, June 29, 2023

 I have high hopes of escaping to Cramond tomorrow., but uncertainties remain. I’m sure they can look after me there, and I very much hope they can restore some muscle strength. A month ago I could stand up from sitting and walk about the house with my Zimmer frame and dress myself in the morning and put myself to bed at night. I’m depending on Cramond to restore some.of that. It seems miles away.


Perdita is having a splendid time. She has been let out of her Starter Room and joined the family, and has even been for a walk in the garden.Paradox remains miserable. She is eating, but remains in hiding in her room.

I suspect you are right, Anonymous (comment yesterday), that she knows she is unloved and somewhat unwelcome. Whatever her faults, she’s not stupid. My fear is that if they ever do let her out, she’ll pack her furry bags and disappear forever.


 Wordle: Thomas and his mother Ketki both scored four today. Mark needed six, five for Alexander and Rachel. I hoped for several hours that my three would be the best score of the day. But Theo blew me out of the water with two.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Woulld Paradox benefit from some artificial cat pheremones (Feliway is one brand)? I was skeptical, but it worked wonders on my unhappy cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:13 PM

      Good idea, it is known to help cats settle in new places. JennyS

      Delete
    2. Feliway sorted our nervy cat too. Is this the first time Paradox has ever been an 'only cat'? If so that would explain a lot... perhaps she needs some knitting to ruin?! Eating is a step forward.
      Cramond has a good physio team, doesn't it? Hopefully they'll be able to help you regain your strength. I'm still tiring easily after my chest infection three weeks ago but getter steadily better.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:14 PM

    Jean, very best of luck with the recovery process. JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18 PM

    I wish they would help her feel somewhat loved and welcomed. That so sad poor girl.
    I have six indoor cats and Feliway has never worked for us. Just lots of patience and love.

    Jenny from Canada
    That was me anonymous yesterday I forgot to sign

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you manage to escape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:00 PM

    You keep sounding better and better, Jean! Hope it’s not just wishful thinking on my part. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Lou3:45 PM

    Cramond for the weekend. Good food and help regaining physical strength sounds like the right prescription . I also got Wordle in two, using one of my standard words. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete