Friday, June 16, 2023

 Not very good, health-wise. I am very grateful indeed for your thoughtful suggestions about eating, many of which I mean to employ. Wafa thinks maybe I sat out in the sun too long on Wednesday. Could be. I’ll certainly avoid such a move again until this weather breaks.

Helen came to lunch and ate great quantities of Wafa’s delicious Middle Eastern food with visible enthusiasm. I was glad because I am doing so badly by it. Also Perdita has found a friend in Wafa and slept in her room last night although not (yet) on the bed. My poor Perdita needs a friend. 

A letter from the hospital, instead of saying as feared that I’m not fit for surgery, says that I have been moved up to July 4, a date an American is not likely to forget. 

Wordle: we all had an easy time of it today. Ketki, Alexander, Roger and I were the threes. The rest scored two (!) except for poor Mark, who limped home with four. 

3 comments:

  1. Mary Lou1:01 AM

    Let's hope July 4 will be Independence Day for you and your hip! When my sister was struggling to breast feed, I shopped for the most high calorie foods I could find, and made her frozen meals, such as high fat macaroni and cheese to eat after I left her. Her husband had just started a new job, and coddling was in order. I also made her baked custard with heavy cream and eggs. Maybe Wafa can whip you up something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar9:00 AM

    Excellent news that you won't have to wait much longer! It's good that Perdita is comfortable with Wafa.
    Maybe the doctors could suggest a selection of recommended foods for a strengthening menu.
    Weather here in MD continues warm to hot in the afternoon but unseasonably cool otherwise. They are predicting more smoke and I thought I saw some this morning but this afternoon was just overcast grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:55 PM

    I've been following and sympathizing with your woes in getting your hip replacement operation. The surgery is getting ever closer. Keep positive! And carry on knitting regardless! Anonymous Janet in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete