Sunday, June 11, 2023

 

I’ve been listening to the French Open Tennis while I knit – so the essential border pattern is finished, plus one and a bit of the subsequent plain rows, and Dkokovic has won more Grand Slams than anybody, and the French crowd was very unruly compared to Wimbledon.

 

I got up in good time this morning, got dressed and fed the cats, and then decided I wasn’t strong enough for Mass. There are lots of calories in cider, and on top of that, a glass with a meal helps it go down. I don’t think I ate enough yesterday. I have been conscientiously ingesting calories today (with more to come, I hope) and feel a bit better but I wonder if this recent chest infection doesn’t mark another step on the downward path.

 

There is little else to report. Helen recently brought me “The Enchanted April” to read, by Elizabeth von Arnim. I enjoyed it, but am now adrift again.

 

Wordle: I scored four today. So did almost everybody else. Roger and Alexander needed five.

 

I signed up for the NYT recently, so as to read WordleBot’s verdict on my play. It’s not very interesting, usually, and they took away my stats and started again, about which I wasn’t pleased. But it was sort of interesting today. My starters gave me a green vowel and two browns, a vowel and a consonant. I struggled mightily, as often, to think of anything for line three. I finally found something – a weird word, and wrong, but it turned all three tiles green and it wasn’t too hard to find the answer from there. WordleBot said that after my starters, only those two words were possible.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I've just finished A Room with a view...99p on Amazon, and also dramatised in BBC sounds. But who can compare with Simon Callow as Mr Beene?
    I love the enchanted april.
    It's very irritating how long it is taking to come back after finishing the antibiotics. I feel only half awake most of the time. Just having to take it gently.

    ReplyDelete