Tuesday, June 13, 2023

 

We continue to do well, and the weather continues brilliant. I have had a less than sparking day. You may be right about alcohol deprivation, Shandy. Wafa doesn’t approve of frozen ready-meals, of which I have a freezer drawerful after last week’s order to Cook. So tonight we are having an interesting-looking Yemini sauce with rice and crab meat. I’m not sure that I’m not looking forward a bit to Cramond’s institutional British food, including undressed salads consisting of lettuce, cucumber, and tomato. I’ll take my own sauce along this time.

 

Knitting has progressed somewhat. I’ve finished the three-row plain garter stitch band between the border patterning and the finishing rows, and have embarked on the first of the latter. It consists of a simple 6-stitch pattern, repeated endlessly. I’ve done the first two borders and they came out right. I doubt if I’ll do any more this evening.

 

My pre-op assessment is scheduled for Thursday morning. I thought Wafa and I could do it on our own, and free Helen up for a whole half-day. (The Royal Infirmary is a long way away, to begin with.) My sister was justifiably concerned about how much of Helen’s time I was occupying. But she has decided to come along anyway – a considerable relief.


Here is a picture of some great-grandchildren that Rachel sent me this morning. The baby is Freddy Ogden, the first boy in a crowd of girl cousins. That's Rachel with them, but you can't see much of her.



Wordle: I scored three today, my first three in a while. Pure luck, according to WordleBot. Thomas joined me with that score. The others had more trouble. Four for Ketki, Alexander, and Theo; five for Roger; six for the mighty Mark Anderson. It can happen to anyone.

5 comments:

  1. It will be as well to have built up your strength in advance of the op. Presumably if you fancy mince and tatties Waka could make some for you- she sounds like an intelligent woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar8:31 AM

    You may as well enjoy the interesting foods while you have the chance.
    We had rain yesterday, which has cleared the smoke. Now I just have to find a way to air out the house without letting in too much of the outdoors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a home care worker. Wafa shouldn't have an opinion on frozen ready meals. The whole point of care workers in your home is to assist you in what you want to do. The decisions should be all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou3:29 PM

    Perhaps Wafa can doctor up some of those frozen meals Yemeni-style! What a lovely group of great grands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:33 PM

    I loved seeing the photo of all/some of the great-grand children, and Rachel seems to be enjoying them as well.
    Glad you continue to do well and that all is going to plan.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete