Thursday, June 08, 2023

 

Roger and Helen should by now be airborne on their way to Iceland – I won’t attempt to spell Reykjavik -- where they change planes; thence direct to DC.

 

Nothing much has happened on all our activity-fronts. A man came from Cramond to take down details which I think haven’t changed all that much since I was there last year. That’s mildly encouraging. They can take me to the hip operation (mid-July) which is good news as I have to be there at 7:30 a.m. and Helen has carried a heavy load lately. We have had some details and a photograph of the live-in care which will start on Monday here, but that means little or nothing until we meet. I am hopeful. The Downstairs Lavatory remains as yesterday. It is a long journey along to the other one for a daytime pee.

 

And I did some knitting! Two long rows. Another might be possible this evening, but I often say that and rarely achieve it. My object in life must be to finish the borders and embark on the edging before I go to Cramond at the end of this month. I finished a ball of yarn this morning, and spent quite a bit of knitting time winding the next one. 100 grams sock yarn – by no means negligible.

 

Wordle: my sister won’t play it, for fear of competitiveness. I think she’d enjoy. I think it’s a remarkably uncompetitive game – we all win, every day. But she is not to be persuaded, despite the participation of her husband and son.  Our mother was a word-game fan – I suspect she would have loved it.

 

We were all threes and fours today – I was in the latter group. The threes were Mark, Rachel and Thomas. For once it was a straight-up-and-down word about which I have no grumbles.

4 comments:

  1. =Tamar6:43 PM

    Two rows! Bsck on track!
    That's really good that Cramond will handle transportation.
    I fear this is not a great time to visit DC, but better this week than next. The smoke from Canada has begun to yellow the sky and my eyes are stinging a little, indoors. It's not yet as bad as New York. They may want to wear masks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:11 PM

    The smoke from Canada has even reached me here in Virginia. My son who lives in NY took to wearing a CoVid mask yesterday.
    A daughter in DC says the air stings and smells like burning wood. No outdoor play for children and dog daycares are limiting dog walks.
    With all this it was great that Wordle was a very forgiving word today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:18 AM

    So glad your sister and her husband could visit you. Very special to be able to get together in person.
    I agree that there seems to be a lot going on, and it is very positive. It's really important to get help.
    I look forward to seeing your upcoming knitting project results.
    Yes the air in Toronto is not good either this week. I'm only cycling in the mornings, before the pollution levels increase, and wearing a mask.
    keep well
    Lisa RR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Happy to see that everything seems to be moving ahead, including the knitting. Wordle in 4 today. When I was in NJ last week I tried to interest my sisters in Wordle with no luck at all. Your sister could do it without joining the group if she fears her competitive nature would come out. I'm not in a group, except yours vicariously.

    ReplyDelete