Thursday, October 19, 2023

 

Action. Here I am with my computer. I have remembered enough passwords to get started, and have even played a couple of games of Freecell.

 

Freecell, yes, but I seem to have forgotten how to show you pictures. I want to post the newest great-grandchild, Lennie, with his shawl. And also Paradox, being a happy cat in the south of England. I’ve got the pictures all right, in my mailbox, but…

 

I’ll work on it.

 

I’ve had a good day, despite the storm. Alexander and Ketki came, as did the GP I have known for many years. I think we made a bit of progress on various fronts. I’ve got something in my lungs called bronchiectasis. It is a word they have recently sprung on me.

 

Alexander reminds me that I said at some point that the Calcutta Cup sweater I am knitting – the one I laid aside when I went to Cramond, in favour of the Argyle vest for myself -- might not fit its intended recipient, namely Helen’s son Fergus, because he seems to have broadened at the shoulder since I started on it. If that proves to be true, the next candidate would be Alexander and Ketki’s son Thomas who is many feet tall but thin as a rake. Wafa and I found the knitting and the rest of the yarn. It remains to locate the pattern. I’ll leave that for tomorrow. I’ve got the book somewhere, and failing that it could be in my Ravelry library.

 

I got a bit of Argyle vest knitting done. I am disappointed in myself at how little I have internalised the pattern after all this time. The back, since the split at the armholes, is something of a mess.

 

Thank you for your further help with winter knitting. Shandy, that Midwinter Blanket (comment yesterday) won’t do for me. I need simplicity as well as colour, so as not to overtax my 90-year-old brain. Wafa has found two interesting skeins in the stash cupboard, as well as the one Into the Whirled one. A fisherman’s rib scarf, with those three striped?

 

Wordle:  I was today’s dunce, with five. I wasn’t entirely happy with the word, either. Sour grapes? Roger and Thomas scored brilliant twos. The threes were Alexander, Mark, and Rachel. Four for Ketki and Theo.

 

Now, can I remember how to save and post this?

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lou9:40 PM

    I got wordle in two today - my starter word, slate, left me only one option. Bright colors and simple sounds like good darkening days knitting. Simple sounds like all my days preference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:24 AM

    Congratulations, Jean. You’ve done better on the computer front than most 80 year olds. Every time I knit something for my rapidly growing granddaughter she had already passed that stage. I have almost given up trying. I must look up that lung condition. Life has a way of springing a lot on us (sigh!). Chloe

    ReplyDelete