Friday, October 27, 2023

 

Perhaps a slightly more purposeful day. Let’s see if I can show you a picture:

 


The sourdough was a success. And since Wafa actually eats bread (unlike me) we can go on refining our technique. And since posting the picture was a success, too, I can go on to show you the new great-grandson tomorrow, and Paradox in retirement.

 More wet, grey weather. Since I can’t get out anyway, it doesn’t much matter, but sunshine is cheerful. 

 No knitting, but much thinking. I have been mentally exploring stripes. They are immensely cheering in the grey months. A Dathan pullover  ( Kate Davies)? Unfortunately I once saw someone wearing one at a yarn festival somewhere, and it wouldn’t stay on her shoulder. There’s a good random-striped scarf on Ravelry called Stripes Please. And just now I had a message from Brooklyn Tweed – I always click on them. Most frustrating. The message was about Norah Gaughan, an absolute fave. There was a picture of (presumably) her wearing a striped cardigan which was exactly what I had been groping towards all day. Unfortunately there was something wrong with the website, and when I approached Brooklyn Tweed the normal way, there was no sign of Norah or the cardigan. Can anyone help?

Wordle:I got four — better than yesterday’s failure, anyway. Mark and Ketki joined me there. Roger and Theo outshone all others with threes. Alexander, Thomas and Rachel all needed five. 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Ooh, love the Stripes Please Scarf. And what a great picture of the household with the loaf. Everyone looks so happy and healthy.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:33 PM

    It’s the Olivia Bell Cardi pattern on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/olivia-bell-cardi?utm_source=email&utm_medium=campaign-email&utm_campaign=Indie%20x%20BT%3A%20Norah%20Gaughan%202%20%2801HDFCK2SZDQ91XGK4F2S14DDC%29&_kx=aabZe9np-Ek-rlIEDjt6IQlLOWwJIRYsyC5_5CzVR8kLlHacWRXc8h1h2hkehBhm.Ppd5yG I really hope this link works! Otherwise, search Ravelry patterns . . . . Good luck! Cam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:24 PM

      Olivia Bell is indeed the cardigan being promoted by Brooklyn Tweed but it is NOT the cardigan Norah is wearing in that promotional BT email. I also have been searching for that V-neck beauty. Annie in California

      Delete
  3. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:11 PM

      Agree!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:12 PM

      Sorry - that was my anonymous comment above.
      -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Shorter link
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/olivia-bell-cardi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking very well in this picture, and it's a pleasure to get to "meet" Wafa. Cat pix are always welcome too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:05 AM

    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/olivia-bell-cardi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:06 AM

      It’s Ivy in NH and I don’t know why the link isn’t a proper link. But that’s the sweater in question in any case.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:24 AM

    "Stripes please" would be a terrific stashbuster, but it is really wide at about 26 inches across the flattened tube (if I remember correctly). I think if I were to make one (and I probably will), I would half the stitch count and go for a tube which is about 12 or 13 inches across. That would still be a very cosy and wide scarf and use lots of yarn pieces.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:22 PM

    I haven't seen the picture, but I found one striped Norah cardigan at BT: https://brooklyntweed.com/collections/all/products/sethera, could that be it?

    ReplyDelete