Monday, October 30, 2023

 

Blogger has suddenly stopped delivering new comments to my email outbox. Now that I know, I can at least read them on the blog.

 

Thank you for your help with my pursuit of Norah Gaughan’s striped cardigan. It’s not her Olivia Bell pattern I’m after. I don’t care for that one. Tricky shape, un-alluring stripes. I want the one Norah herself is wearing, both on her Ravelry page and on a page somewhere in the Brooklyn Tweed website, as she proudly introduces Norah Bell. And I think, from your comment yesterday, Annie, that I’m not going to find it. I think the only thing to do would be to devise a cardigan for myself (presumably one could put together pieces from the big Vogue Knitting Book) and stripe it. But I don’t want to do that. I don’t want to think.

 No knitting. I had a bath (hard work). Helen came, and also a woman from the agency Wafa works for, to see how we’re getting on.

 I’ve started reading the new Richard Osman book. I’m having a bit of trouble keeping the characters straight.

 Here is a picture of Paradox having a nap in her new home:


I think you would agree that that is a picture of a happy cat.

 

Wordle: My second starter gave me three greens together in the middle of the word. My heart lept up. But line three, although it added a fourth green at the end of the word, was wrong. And so was line four. So I crept home with a five. Alexander and Ketki joined me at that undistinguished level. The fours were Rachel and Thomas. Roger, Theo, and Mark were today’s stars with three.

5 comments:

  1. That's a very happy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:05 PM

    I found the cardigan on Gaughan's Ravelry page pic, following your directions. That is wonderful, I hope the pattern does appear eventually.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Oh I see where you would want that. Maybe you could find a similar pattern and use self-striping yarn in those colors. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:29 PM

    I found Norah’s sweater on her Instagram account. The yarn is hand spun, but Noro would be a good substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:42 PM

    A happy cat indeed. You and Paradox can be glad that you found her a new home. I'm sure that Perdita is glad!
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete