Saturday, October 28, 2023

 

It’s a bit brighter out there. Wafa and I have been making another batch of sourdough, for baking tomorrow. She rightly points out that we can’t go on like this. It’s not hard, nor particularly demanding, but you do have to bear it in mind and stick around and apply some action or other to it from time to time. We could bake a larger batch next time, and freeze some of it.

 

I had a pleasant zoom meeting with my sister this morning. We didn’t manage to solve the problems of the world – the clouds continue to darken. I have been thinking of buying a new laptop computer. She says that they were better-built ten years ago. The only fault with my present one is that it takes forever to load.

 

I have also been thinking quite a lot about Norah Gaughan’s striped cardigan. The website was behaving better this morning, and I think I have established that it is not a Gaughan pattern in the Brooklyn Tweed  repertoire. She probably regards it as too easy to write down. And I could probably reconstruct it, if I made the effort. But I don’t want effort, I want ease, this time of year.

Here's the promised great-grandchild, Lizzie and Dan's son Lennie, with his father, shortly after birth:


And here he is with his shawl:

Wordle: Ketki and Alexander and I got four. Three for Thomas and his Aunt Rachel and Mark  A brilliant two for Theo. And although I saw Roger this morning, during the Zoom session with my sister, I don’t seem to have persuaded him to do Wordle early in the day. 





8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:17 PM

    The Gaughan pattern you like is the "Olivia Bell Cardi", available on Ravelry, as is the pullover version, which is entitled simply "Olivia Bell".
    -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:08 PM

      I do not like it!

      Delete
  2. =Tamar8:30 PM

    Ooh, pictures!

    Bread freezes well.

    I vaguely recall some youtube videos that say a computer technician could clean up outdated debris of old updates, automatic program backups, etc. that slow down computers and get people to buy new ones.

    The sweater photos show bell sleeves that cover hands and would get in my way and a body that would gape and fail to protect my waist while falling off my shoulders. The stripe pattern could be noted down and applied to any pattern you like. Why not find a yoke pattern you like already and knit it in stripes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:45 PM

      That's a brilliant idea, Tamar. Another one for my list.
      JennyS

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Love the photos. Perdita looks so lovely and contented sitting on your lap. I forgot how beautiful she is. I'm glad Paradox has settled into her new home. And the photos of Lennie and his father are delightful. Take care - Joe-inWyoming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:56 PM

    What a beautiful shawl! And a beautiful baby to go with it. :) Eileen in Chapel Hill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lou3:50 PM

    I'm with Tamar. Those sleeves would drive me bonkers! You have some basic patterns you like, add the stripes from Olivia Bell and you have a happy, easy knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. maureentakoma3:53 AM

    Several people on Ravelry have knit the Olivia Bell pattern with sleeves that end at the wrist bone and/or extended the body length. Good to know these alternatives look okay.

    ReplyDelete