Sunday, October 01, 2023

 Another good day. Still no knitting, but I think I am recovering my strength and hope to resume tomorrow. I had a bath, using a clever get-in-and-out-of-the-tub gadget that the Council gave us. The sun shone. A neighbour came around who wants to buy my house when I die or leave for other reasons. She already has one but wants to stay in Drummond Place and downsize a bit. She had some useful advice about wheelchairs.

Perdita is transferring her affections to Wafa who feeds her. I think she is relaxing a bit, too.

Wordle: we came close today to the day I always want, when we all score the same. But Thomas spoiled it with a five. The rest of us had fours.

Thank you for your help with Friday’s word. I think the answer is that I was indeed spelling ALURE wrong, but there is another word unknown to us all which is spelled like that and which Wordle accepted. The Bot wasn’t so wrong after all. 



4 comments:

  1. It might be strange to be so invested in the goings on of a cat and her owner if you've never met either, but I do hope Perdita will realise there's more to life than food and come back to you!

    Is it normal for neighbours to be so explicit about you having to leave your home for whatever reason?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 PM

    My mother’s godmother had a rather pushy real estate salesman come to the door offering to buy their house or handle it after they died. Mrs. Nelson told her, “We plan to live here another 25 years, and I don’t think you will be in business then.” She and Mr. Nelson were in their late 70s or 80s at the time. Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:36 PM

    As practically-minded as that neighbor might be, there is something vulture-ous (my word) about her request. I wonder if you were offended or merely amused. Cats are funny and apparently very fickle. Maybe, over time she will come back. Or maybe you could drop a treat (so you don’t need to bend) on the floor every now and then, and see how she responds. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:45 PM

    When you die or leave? Bit tactless, especially as you have only just got back. I
    hate to think what my rather blunt father would have said.
    Perhaps Perdita needs a little more time and reassurance that you staying? It must have been an alarming time for her.

    Sarah in Somerset

    ReplyDelete