Tuesday, October 24, 2023

 Another day of non-achievement, and of non-knitting. Helen came to lunch. Although Wafa and I fed her principally on a frozen risotto, we also made various tasty side dishes which pretty well occupied our morning.

  Helen has re-consecrated herself to the problem of the Downstairs Lavatory.  A plumber is coming early tomorrow.

  I’m enjoying The Remains of the Day, or at least reading it with interest and attention. It’s darkening towards the end.

 Wordle: my first starter yielded three greens this morning. I didn’t type in the second. I went full-tilt for a serious entry, hoping of course to score two. No luck. That attempt did yield another green —I scored three, in the end. Alexander, Ketki, Thomas and Theo were the other threes. Rachel and Mark both got two. Roger needed four.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    The kitchen adventures sound lots of fun .
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar3:20 PM

    Hooray for Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou3:58 PM

    I needed five today, if it’s the same word. I had an anagram that had to be rearranged, or it would have been four. Working on some sample slippers for a class I’m teaching next week. I like to show students how to use German or Japanese short rows if they don’t like wrap and turn.

    ReplyDelete