Thursday, October 26, 2023

 And yet another such day. Wafa and I have been making sourdough — it should be ready for the oven tomorrow morning. I am not very happy about it. No knitting. A certain amount of speculative thot on that subject. I haven’t figured out how to get in that cupboard to my stash. Helen’s husband David is here for a long weekend, nearly a week long. They stopped in on their way back from the airport.

  Wordle: I failed. And it was less than transparently easy to the others.  Threes for Alexander and his son Thomas. Fours for Mark and Rachel. Fives for Theo and Ketki. Silence from Roger. 


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Jean, it's likely somebody has mentioned this before, but is it possible you have a touch of SAD - seasonal depression? . The shorter, grey days can really have an effect, and make you feel lethargic and lacklustre. It's more common than people think, and there are many ways around it.

    Sarah in Somerset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:11 PM

    I meant to add this to my comment, I hope you didn't mind my asking. I have noticed in previous years you dislike the darker days, we both seem to feel the same and at the same time.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jane10:14 PM

    My husband got today’s word in 4. He said he really had to think hard to come up with the right word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Jean, someone just said to me that if you are reading e mail in your iPad and composing blog entries there too, then you should not need to go to the computer to add pictures which you have been sent.
    If you open the picture from the email on your iPad it will automatically appear in your Photos.From there you can move the picture across, for example by copying and pasting. To do this, open Photos. Hold your finger briefly on the image you want, and it will appear bigger and beside it will be a menu of options. Touch "copy". Then go to the place you want the picture to be and touch your finger to the iPad screen there. The photo should appear there in that spot.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete