Thursday, November 16, 2023

 And yet another grim, grey day, perhaps a bit less wet than some. Fairly eventful, although now that we have successfully reached the harbour of evening, it’s hard to remember anything of interest.

 A man came and measured me for a reclining chair. There was that.

 Knitting has progressed. One more round, to finish the current stripe, and it will be time, I’m sure, to do something else. Start knitting sleeves? 

 What’s happened to knitting blogs? I still hear from Queer Joe, most days — currently celebrating an unbelievable 40th anniversary with Thaddeus. I had a look at the Yarn Harlot just now — nothing since August. Thank goodness Meg writes occasionally. 

  Wordle: a quick and easy three for me this morning. My starters gave me four greens. There was at least one possibility beyond the right one, but I guessed right.

  Mark scored an unbelievable two. Rachel was with me on three, Thomas and Ketki four, Alexander five. Three for Roger, four for Theo.



12 comments:

  1. Mary Lou6:38 PM

    I miss blogs, but have't updated mine in ages. I think there was suddenly too much other social media. A few bloggers I enjoyed now how Substack accounts. Your blog is my daily read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Jean - Yarn Harlot and Franklin seem to be using Instagram these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Socklady seems to be soldiering on. I've put some church tourism up on mine - Cheviots.blogspot.com - but have kind of lost the urge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:03 PM

    My blog is mostly about postcards. I enjoy reading your blog daily. Carry on! Janet languishing in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen A9:10 PM

    The Yarn Harlot has a Patreon offering, to which I subscribe, but I do miss the blog. I read yours religiously. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Yarn harlots is very active on Instagram. I also subscribe to her Patreon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:50 AM

    It seems to me that podcasting is the replacement media for a lot of knitting related content that and of course YouTube. I very much appreciate your blog and look forward to read it every day. Anne Frost from “I thought I knew how” has a very good podcast worth listening to.
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Jane1:07 AM

    I miss the blogs too. I am glad you are still blogging. I like reading about your aging issues. Helps me to anticipate what will be coming for me. I get a glimpse of what it is like to live in Edinburgh. It is the day to day issues that arise that are interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:52 AM

    I subscribe to a lot LOT of blogs, mainly knitting ones. I'd be happy to make up a list of the ones I enjoy most and share it here if anyone is interested. I use Feedly to store my blogs and be notified whenever new posts are made. It sure beats reading the news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh sorry, I'm not Anonymous, I'm kayT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A couple of bloggers I follow have given up recently, which I am a bit sad about. I never know if my own blog is 'interesting' enough, but I write it mainly as a way of keeping in touch with friends and family. It's the knitting and cooking and day to day incidents that I enjoy reading about. A respite from the News, to be sure!
    I also enjoy the comments that you get on your blog, Jean, as the are always interesting.
    I cansee I am going to have to have another go at understanding how Instagram works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne litchfield2:57 PM

      Hi Kirsten. I read your blog every day too! I love reading about the day to day things. But I read on my phone and commenting using the phone can be hard!

      Delete