Monday, November 20, 2023

 Bits of brightness today, too.

The sourdough turned out well, Robin, although perhaps not quite well enough. We made two loaves this time. Wafa wanted to bake one on Saturday evening. I left the other to rise overnight in the refrigerator. I think I got slightly better oven spring with mine but I think we can do better.

Wafa is going off for a fortnight’s respite on Wednesday. Her replacement is from Zimbabwe. I hope to win my dear cat back. I don’t think it will be impossible to feed her myself and maybe she will remember that she always used to share my bed, before I introduced that Awful Cat. 

Archie came to lunch. 

I knit busily on and have at last reached the underarms. Now I must work out what to do next. 

 My nephew Theo and his family are coming to celebrate Thanksgiving with his English cousins in London. Theo is organising it all from afar.

Wordle: I was lucky to scrape home with a six today. The home team otherwise were all threes and fours. And it was fours in DC for Theo and Roger. Perhaps I should mention,  honoris causa, that the threes were Alexander, Mark, and Ketki. 




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Our adored first cat, a Siamese, stopped sleeping with us (under the covers, no less) when our first daughter arrived. He was so put out he even sat on the area rug in our living room with his back to us! He did start speaking to us eventually, as he was Siamese, and very verbal, but never returned to our bed. He lived to be a venerable 21 years old.
    We have had subsequent cats, but they slept with our daughters as they ostensibly belonged to them. They have all lived long happy lives with access to a small garden in our brownstone on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. We are now without a cat as we travel quite a bit for long periods but I miss a small furry body.
    Sarah (in Manhattan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou3:24 PM

    I hope that the shift will restore her affections! Perhaps it can be part of the daily work you do with the new carer to feed her yourself. Wordle in 3!

    ReplyDelete