Wednesday, November 22, 2023

 Wafa is gone. Michelle is here. It’s all more than slightly scary, when you’re as helpless as I now am.  But Michelle seems very nice, and all is well. And anyway I think Helen will be around this evening. 

  Quite a bright day, although very cold, I am told. I knit very happily on, and should finish the ribbing for the first sleeve tomorrow. Meg says in the EPS leaflet which arrived opportunely from Schoolhouse yesterday that you can use the system to knit in either direction, but she prefers to do it this way — get the relatively boring body out of the way first. The rest goes so much faster.

  I’m certainly finding it fun so far to whiz around a 60-stitch wrist as opposed to a 288-stitch body.

  Perdita has begun to notice Wafa’s absence and is worried (as am I) that I won’t be up to feeding her.

  Wordle: I would regard today’s word as on the tough side, and was pleased with my four. My two starters yielded two brown vowels. I struggled for a long time to think of any word that would fit, and finally hit on one that was much less than satisfactory. I knew it would be wrong, but it turned both vowels green. After much thought and messing around, I found a fully-qualified guess, and it was right.

  Theo and Alexander got the threes. Thomas and Mark were my fellow-fours. Ketki and Rachel were the fives. Roger needed six.


6 comments:

  1. Mary Lou10:09 PM

    Thank goodness for Helen, I'm sure that's a help, to have her checking on things. Perhaps Michelle can get the cat food prep ready, and you can do a little tah-dah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar1:40 AM

    Thank goodness for good carers.
    By the way, despite having had all seven shots, I now have covid. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:47 AM

      I came down with it on the 14th. My symptoms are one the wane. I am anxious to be part of the outside world again.
      It’s still out there folks. Take care.
      weavinfool

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:48 AM

    Welcome Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:48 AM

      Sorry that was from Lisa RR

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:41 PM

    My doc keeps talking about vitamin D.. it seems seniors don’t absorb it like we used to. Since you are not going out much I hope you have been keeping up with the prescribed amount. Chloe

    ReplyDelete