Monday, November 06, 2023

 I am sorry for yesterday’s silence. I felt droopy. There was nothing measurable wrong, and I wasn’t coughing. I think I feel better now. The droopiness may have been due to a three-day course of antibiotic I was taking because an infection had shewn up in a urine sample I had submitted for some reason or other.

  I have done some knitting, but I’m still not getting that delicious round-and-round feeling. I have let myself think about Brooklyn Tweed’s Spalding pattern. I have a dear sweater of my own knitting in the same stitch pattern, half-brioche. (If you do it on a DP anduse two colours and push the stitches back and forth, you can have vertical stripes.) My dear old sweater has fallen victim to moths, although I still wear it instead of a dressing gown in the morning.

  So I’d quite like a Spalding. But Brooklyn Tweed yarns are so very expensive as to cause even me to hesitate.

   Thanks for your book suggestions. I have fallen back on dear old Mansfield Park for the moment, but it’s long. I may not read all of it on this, my millionth visit.

Wordle: a most remarkable day.Half of the British-resident coterie scored three, the other half TWO. The twos were Alexander, Mark, and ME. In the USofA, Roger kept the pattern going with a three, but Theo needed four. 

10 comments:

  1. =Tamar6:14 PM

    I often reread just sections of favorite books when I know them too well to reread everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Delayed response to earlier discussion: I find David Suchet reading the NIV audio Bible good listening while I am knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I listen to him with great enjoyment during the day when I am awake, it's only when I'm trying to get to sleep at night he does an equally brilliant job of sending me fast asleep within minutes!

      Delete
  3. I reckon antibiotics often make one go a bit below par for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel better once the antibiotics finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:46 PM

    Even though some people may be aghast at this suggestion, I'll still make it:
    If you like the Jared Flood design why not get the pattern. Then compare yarns in your stash that are similar to his and knit it up. I know most designers have their yarns in mind for a project but it is your knitting and if you already own yarns that will work then why not use them? Joe-inWyoming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:00 AM

      Thought the same thing!

      Delete
  6. Mary Lou12:28 AM

    I was going to suggest the same as Joe - Shelter is a woolen-spun worsted, I'm sure you can come up with a good substitute, if not from stash, then something local. No need to spring for the BT yarn. I got Wordle today in 3, after failing the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:31 AM

    After having read over the last years a lot of the Chief Inspector Gamache books by Louise Penny, some in English,some in German, mostly from the library, I finally bought the whole series for my kindle. I really enjoyed reading it in the right order, and of course with sixteen books, there is something to read for a long time.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:58 PM

      I have all her books too, Hilde. They are special.

      Delete