Monday, July 22, 2024

 A pleasant day, weather-wise. I have done nothing but doze. My present carer insists that I keep my feet up. Dozing is close to the only option.

   I still need to look out the KD pattern which I am knitting as Fergus’ Calcutta Cup sweater . I got as far as finding the one identified in the sidebar, which is indeed here although there’s no reference to the Cup in it yet. But the nearly-finished one, with the cup in place, which we looked out yesterday, is more along the lines of a fisherman’s rib. I need to finish off the current sleeve (top-down) and knit the other one. 

Franklin is interesting on the horrors of living in Paris as the Olympics approach. He had some hope that the mayor might drown in the Seine but I gather she got out all right.

   KD’s essay on Coroner’s Pigeon was very interesting. I may have to read the book again. Interesting photographs accompanying the essay, too.

   American politics continue to be fully absorbing. I sort of hoped everything would coalesce around Kamala Harris and she could hit the ground running. I am surprised this morning at how hostile to her much of thr British press is.

   Wordle: five for me again. All my guesses were valid. Starters gave me three browns. First guess turned one of them green. Second guess (line four) was much more productive — three greens and a new brown.

Mark and Alexander and Rachel and Ketki all did it in three. Thomas was a fellow-five. Three for Theo, four for Roger.   

   

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 PM

    Kamala Harris has hit the ground running. I’m delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Jean, the British press seems to glory in harassing successful American women of color. (The Other Kristen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:17 PM

      That's the sense I get, too, here in the US - that the British press is even more biased (and unscrupulous) than ours.
      -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

      Delete
  3. =Tamar3:25 AM

    Nicer weather today in MD, aside from the cloudburst around 5:00 PM. Fortunately, it stopped fairly quickly. I treated myself to a dinner out - something they called "Flatiron Steak", though I would have called it London Broil.

    ReplyDelete