Wednesday, July 03, 2024

 Another not-quite summer’s day. Things were worse at Wimbledon, where it’s been raining. I watched a lot of it again today, but have been frustrated in my desire to see Mr. Sinner. There were too many British Girls in the way. 

   C. came this morning. She had solved Wordle and I hadn’t but there was no cheating this time. See below. Helen also looked in. 

   No knitting. I think, in decades past, I might have knit while I watched tennis, but that is more than I would be capable of now. 

   Franklin is faithfully logging on to Facebook almost every day, with photos and sometimes videos and brief reports on life in Paris. Sometimes I don’t understand, but it is always nice to hear from him, and I’m glad he’s well and has made a whole new life for himself.

   Wordle: I found it really, really, really hard. My starters produced two browns and a green. Line three — it was easy to find something — turned them all green. After that, I found it impossible to think of anything, even a Jean-word. Eventually I did. It was nearly lunch time.  Four for me.

    Rachel and Ketki had threes. Alexander and Thomas and I were the fours. Mark needed five (at last!)  Roger was another five, Theo another three. 

   

3 comments:

  1. =Tamar10:57 PM

    Either I have acclimated to the tropics, or the weather has improved here. A little of both, maybe. I have decided to accept my adhd-like tendencies and do a little of everything, one tiny piece at a time. A few things might get done, that way. A sort of knitting approach to life? You can't do it all at once, but a few stitches at a time eventually produces a result.

    Waiting for the correct word to announce itself is likely to be the best method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:35 AM

    I see Franklin’s posts on Instagram - I continue to enjoy his experiences in and highlights of Paris. His neighbourhood of textiles and garment manufacturing is really interesting. I agree that it is good to hear that he is well!
    Have fun with Wimbledon!
    Lisa R-R, Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar4:47 PM

    The problem is, republicans never debate. Instead, they go for emotions. Reagan never debated - as a professional actor, he wore a fuzzy sweater and projected "Daddy will take of you". Tr*mp went for anger. Rational debate loses to emotion in these things. Biden should use the things he has done that push emotional buttons - social security for the older voters, debt reduction for younger ones, minimum wage and workers' rights.

    ReplyDelete