Thursday, July 11, 2024

 A summer’s day, at last. At Wimbledon, even more so. The first woman’s semi-final was satisfyingly exciting. I am leaving the second to its own devices for the moment.

   The Queen was there yesterday. The BBC didn’t bother to tell me. So they must have things satisfactorily in hand for the weekend, if the Princess of Wales isn’t well enough to hand our prizes.

  I  meant to remark yesterday on the fact that Mr Dkokovic travels with a chef (along with much other staff). What a good idea, I thought. Meal times must be very uncertain during those long days on court, or waiting to go on. The last thing you want is to have to eat foreign muck in the middle of the night when it’s finally over.

   Helen was here this morning but is going off to the country to provide emotional support to a friend who is having a major depressive crisis about turning 60. I won’r see her until Monday. Archie however is coming on Saturday.

   Wordle: six for me. A narrow escape. Three vowels from my starters.  I was forced to resort to Jean-words and was resigned to defeat. Three for Rachel and Roger. Five for Alexander. Fours for the others.


3 comments:

  1. I did a double take when you said the Queen was at Wimbledon. Oh of course. Queen Camilla. I still haven't got used to the new King and Queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:53 PM

      Same double-take here, every time.
      -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:22 PM

    Hello Jean! I think I’m finally recovered from the jet lag and everything that goes along with being away from home for a bit. It was so great to see you, and your knitting, and kitty! I have to admit the idea of a photo didn’t occur to me either, until I was a couple of blocks away! Figured you were well into your nap by then. Glad you’re enjoying Wimbledon!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete