Wednesday, July 10, 2024

 Better weather today, and for once better in London than here. I haven’t been very interested in today’s Wimbledon, since Djokovic’ opponent withdrew. 

David and Helen were here this afternoon,on their way back from a happy weekend in Kirkmichael. My iPad was still dropping the signal. (See yesterday) David seems to have fixed it by switching things off and on — the sovereign remedy. But tomorrow’s play will probably be entirely Ladies.

   KD has sent the third instalment of her MKAL. I like it, so I must try to forge on.

   C. was here this morning, in good form. No news.

   Wordle: luck again. My starters gave me a green and three browns. Should be easy. Wasn’t. But eventually I thought of a word. It was right except for the first letter. I tried another. Success. So, four for me.

   Little did I realise how many possibilities there were for that first letter. Ketki failed. Alexander and Mark and Thomas all needed five. Rachel and Roger were with me on four. Theo scraped home with six.


 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    I failed today, as well. I thought I’d covered all the possibilities and would at worst be a six. Of course, I’d missed one. Ugh. (The Other Kristen)

    ReplyDelete